Author: Jordan Partlow
In the excavation, engineering, and
environmental world, you are probably aware of calling 811 prior to starting
While the 811 system is a great
service, utility companies and contract locators are limited in what they will
mark out when a ticket is submitted.
What is marked also differs based
on things like:
- State-by-state One Call laws differ.
- Type of tickets called in - mark outs can differ
for example, a design ticket in some states only requires prints of main
lines be sent and no field markings are required.
- Ownership of a buried line by the utility
company can differ by state or township.
Here are some reasons to hire a
private locate company to mark out your project:
- Ownership - Private locators do not own the
lines, so they can mark the entire site based on your scope of work.
- Safety - Struck Lines can be dangerous to
the excavator and the community.
- Change Orders - Having a Private Locator
mark out your project can help prevent costly change orders.
- Experience - Private Locators have field
experience in locating utilities and have state-of-the-art equipment.
Common Ground Alliance has a goal
of reducing all damages by 50% in 5 Years! It all starts in the Planning
Contact Blood Hound today for a
Lunch and Learn to help your team understand more about our services. https://www.bhug.com/contact